Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
COVID-19 Update 1 December 2020
VET Centre of Food Trades and Culinary Arts Summer Summer School starting January 2021
Congratulations to our students who have continued their training during this challenging year.
Summer School for current cookery, patisserie and baking students is starting on 12 January 2021.
Students are asked to contact your Student Management Centre by 30 November and regularly check your student email and myWAI for the latest updates.
Most of our on-campus student services, including the Learning Resource Centre (LRC), the Information Centre and the International Office, will be open.
In-line with the Government and the Department of Health and Human Services advice we are committed to ensuring we provide the safest possible environment for our students and staff.
Support for students in need
In addition to Government support, Angliss is working to provide additional support for students in need. We have implemented the following measures to give a little extra help to our students:
- Support available to students experiencing extreme financial hardship (details on myWAI)
- Enhanced health and wellbeing services, including telehealth services
- Those experiencing census, withdrawal and fee related matters, or have special requirements have a range of alternative options and payment plans available.
The Institute continues to follow the expert advice of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), which is consistent with the Commonwealth Chief Medical Officer and Department of Health advice, and the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT) in relation to COVID-19.
As the situation continues to evolve we will extend our preventative measures in accordance with the advice of the DHHS.
We will continue to keep this website updated as information changes and are regularly communicating with our students and staff.
The following government resources are being updated regularly and we recommend you check them for the latest public information.
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- NSW Department of Health
- DHHS COVID-19 self-assessment guidance
- Getting Tested - Victoria
- Getting Tested - NSW
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Department of Home Affairs
- Social distancing information
- Self-isolation information
- The Victorian Government and Australian Government COVID-19 hotlines also offer 24/7 advice and information:
Need further support?
If you are a William Angliss Institute student, for more information phone: (03) 8595 5144 (Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm).
The Institute will update this website as further information becomes available.