Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
COVID-19 Update 26 February 2021
Today the Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announced from 11.59pm tonight (26 February 2021) all of Victoria "will return to its previous COVIDSafe settings". For on-campus activities at William Angliss Institute's Melbourne campus this means:
Registration on arrival for all staff, students and visitors at the Melbourne Campus will continue to be required.
Temperature testing on entry
Temperature testing on entry at this time will remain a requirement of entry.
Face masks are required on campus when distancing cannot be maintained
Face masks at William Angliss Institute are:
- Required to be shown on entry
- Required to be worn when a 1.5m physical distance from others cannot be maintained.
- Required to be worn by students in all practical classrooms
Teachers and education support staff are not required to wear facemasks while teaching, but those who wish to do so can.
In line with the Victorian Government and the Department of Health and Human Services advice, we are committed to providing the safest possible environment for our students and staff.
If you feel unwell, do not come to campus and get tested immediately.
CURRENT STUDENT INFORMATION
If you require further information please contact your teacher or program leader and check your student email and myWAI for the latest updates.
On-campus student services, including the Learning Resource Centre (LRC), the Information Centre and the International Office are open.
SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS IN NEED
In addition to Government support, Angliss is working to provide additional support for students in need. We have implemented the following measures to give a little extra help to our students:
- Support available to students experiencing extreme financial hardship (details on myWAI)
- Enhanced health and wellbeing services, including telehealth services
- Those experiencing census, withdrawal and fee-related matters, or have special requirements have a range of alternative options and payment plans available.
The Institute continues to follow the expert advice of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), which is consistent with the Commonwealth Chief Medical Officer and Department of Health advice, and the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT) in relation to COVID-19.
As the situation continues to evolve we will adjust our preventative measures in accordance with the advice of the DHHS.
We will continue to keep this website updated as information changes and are regularly communicating with our students and staff.
The following government resources are being updated regularly and we recommend you check them for the latest public information.
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- NSW Department of Health
- DHHS COVID-19 self-assessment guidance
- Getting Tested - Victoria
- Getting Tested - NSW
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Department of Home Affairs
- Social distancing information
- Self-isolation information
- The Victorian Government and Australian Government COVID-19 hotlines also offer 24/7 advice and information:
Need further support?
If you are a William Angliss Institute student, for more information phone: (03) 8595 5144 (Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm).
The Institute will update this website as further information becomes available.