Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
William Angliss Institute continues to carefully monitor the COVID-19 situation to ensure the safety of our community as we deliver training both online and on campus as directed by the Victorian Government.
William Angliss Institute remains open which is in line with the latest advice from Australia's Chief Medical Officer and Victoria's Chief Health Officer.
Angliss has successfully transitioned to online learning for theory classes for most courses, and practical on-campus classes have been adjusted to allow for required social distancing measures. All programs continue to run as timetabled whether delivered online, in person or in a blended format. The campus remains open for at risk or disadvantaged students to access on-campus facilities.
Please see the link below providing updated advice from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) acknowledging that physical distancing is not always possible for hands on, on-campus training. The advice suggests that, where physical distancing is not possible for training that needs to be delivered on campus, other strategies to reduce risk of transmission, such as hand hygiene and regular cleaning, can be used, alongside best efforts to maintain as much physical distancing as possible.
International Student Relief Fund
The Victorian Government has announced a $45 million International Student Emergency Relief Fund for international students facing financial hardship. Find out more.
Social Distancing on Campus
We have instigated the following social distancing measures to support those undertaking face-to-face learning:
- Social distancing of 1.5m to reduce in-person contact for both staff and students in classrooms and in all spaces on campus
- Enclosed spaces have no more than one person per four square metres of floor space on average and have fewer than 100 persons, including lectures and examinations
- Compulsory temperature checks on entry to campus via one entry point
- Our retail outlets remain open for takeaway only with social distancing and increased hygiene practices protocols being enforced
- All non-essential group activities such as study visits, extra-curricular activities have been cancelled
- We are providing access to online content remotely and participation in as many other classes as possible by audio-visual link or other remote means
- We are actively encouraging sick students and staff to stay at home
- We are strongly encouraging personal hygiene, such as the use of hand sanitiser, by students and staff across campus
- We have increased environmental cleaning across the campus
- Student services and wellbeing support has also moved online.
Support for students in need
In addition to Government support, Angliss is working to provide additional support for students in need. We have implemented the following measures to give a little extra help to our students:
- Free daily grab-and-go breakfasts for students on campus
- Student Food Bank with staples available to students
- Additional financial support available to students who apply through WACS
- Scholarships now open for Semester 2
- Enhanced health and wellbeing services, including telehealth services
- Those experiencing census, withdrawal and fee due date issues, or have special requirements have a range of alternative options and payment plans available.
The Institute continues to follow the expert advice of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), which is consistent with the Commonwealth Chief Medical Officer and Department of Health advice, and the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT) in relation to COVID-19.
As the situation continues to evolve we will extend our preventative measures in accordance with the advice of the DHHS.
We will continue to keep this website updated as information changes and are regularly communicating with our students and staff.
Students are asked to regularly check their student email and myWAI for the latest updates.
All students and parents can contact our dedicated phone number for further advice.
Apprentice and Employer Information
Learn more about the current situation for apprentices at Angliss with our information for apprentices and employers.
The following government resources are being updated regularly and we recommend you check them for the latest public information.
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Updated DHHS advice (second last point under Actions for TAFEs, Colleges and Universities > Physical Distancing).
- NSW Department of Health
- DHHS COVID-19 self-assessment guidance
- Getting Tested - Victoria
- Getting Tested - NSW
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Department of Home Affairs
- Social distancing information
- Self-isolation information
- The Victorian Government and Australian Government COVID-19 hotlines also offer 24/7 advice and information:
Need further support?
If you are a William Angliss Institute student, for more information phone: (03) 8595 5144 (Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm).
The Institute will update this website as further information becomes available.