Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
COVID-19 Update 9 June 2021
As announced by the Victorian Government, lockdown restrictions in Melbourne will ease from Thursday 10 June 11:59pm.
All classes will resume as timetabled on Friday 11 June.
In line with the Victorian Government and the Department of Health and Human Services advice, we are committed to providing the safest possible environment for our students and staff.
As part of our ongoing preventative measures, all students and staff are required to wear a face mask indoors and outdoors where physical distancing cannot be adhered to.
On entry to campus, you will be required to:
- check-in via the Service Victoria app
- show your confirmed check-in to our friendly security staff
- have a temperature check on arrival.
The Learning Resource Centre (LRC), Student Lounge, the Information Centre, Wellbeing and Counselling Services (WACS), Disability Access Services and Learning Advisors and all learning and support spaces will be reopened on Friday 11 June.
CURRENT STUDENT INFORMATION
If you require further information please contact your teacher or program leader and check myWAI for the latest updates.
SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS IN NEED
In addition to Government support, Angliss is working to provide additional support for students in need. We have implemented the following measures to give a little extra help to our students:
- Support available to students experiencing extreme financial hardship (details on myWAI)
- Enhanced health and wellbeing services, including telehealth services
- Those experiencing census, withdrawal and fee-related matters, or have special requirements have a range of alternative options and payment plans available.
The Institute continues to follow the expert advice of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), which is consistent with the Commonwealth Chief Medical Officer and Department of Health advice, and the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT) in relation to COVID-19.
As the situation continues to evolve we will adjust our preventative measures in accordance with the advice of the DHHS.
We will continue to keep this website updated as information changes and are regularly communicating with our students and staff.
The following government resources are being updated regularly and we recommend you check them for the latest public information.
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- NSW Department of Health
- DHHS COVID-19 self-assessment guidance
- Getting Tested - Victoria
- Getting Tested - NSW
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Department of Home Affairs
- Social distancing information
- Self-isolation information
- The Victorian Government and Australian Government COVID-19 hotlines also offer 24/7 advice and information:
Need further support?
If you are a William Angliss Institute student, for more information phone: (03) 8595 5144 (Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm).
The Institute will update this website as further information becomes available.