Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
COVID-19 Update 3 August 2020
On Sunday 2 August 2020, the Premier has announced a move to Stage 4 restrictions for Metro Melbourne.
Effective from 11.59pm on Wednesday 5 August 2020 all on-campus delivery at William Angliss Institute’s Melbourne campus will cease for a six-week period until Monday 14 September 2020.
For students that have classes on-campus Monday 3, Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5 August that finish BEFORE 6pm, these classes will continue as timetabled.
For students that have classes on-campus on Monday 3, Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5 August that finish AFTER 6pm, these classes have been cancelled. This is to ensure staff and students can meet the curfew requirements that have been introduced for the hours between 8pm and 5am.
All online programs will continue to run as timetabled.
For VCAL and VETiS students remote access delivery will commence a day earlier with students returning to remote access delivery on Wednesday 5 August 2020.
Students are asked to regularly check their student email and myWAI for the latest updates.
All students impacted by this change will be contacted directly in the next 72 hours to discuss their options. Alternatively you can contact 8595 5144 for more information.
Support for students in need
In addition to Government support, Angliss is working to provide additional support for students in need. We have implemented the following measures to give a little extra help to our students:
- Support available to students experiencing extreme financial hardship (details on myWAI)
- Enhanced health and wellbeing services, including telehealth services
- Those experiencing census, withdrawal and fee related matters, or have special requirements have a range of alternative options and payment plans available.
The Institute continues to follow the expert advice of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), which is consistent with the Commonwealth Chief Medical Officer and Department of Health advice, and the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT) in relation to COVID-19.
As the situation continues to evolve we will extend our preventative measures in accordance with the advice of the DHHS.
We will continue to keep this website updated as information changes and are regularly communicating with our students and staff.
The following government resources are being updated regularly and we recommend you check them for the latest public information.
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- NSW Department of Health
- DHHS COVID-19 self-assessment guidance
- Getting Tested - Victoria
- Getting Tested - NSW
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Department of Home Affairs
- Social distancing information
- Self-isolation information
- The Victorian Government and Australian Government COVID-19 hotlines also offer 24/7 advice and information:
Need further support?
If you are a William Angliss Institute student, for more information phone: (03) 8595 5144 (Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm).
The Institute will update this website as further information becomes available.