Trainer and Assessor Credential Requirements
Do you meet the new qualification requirements?
Trainers and assessors who deliver AQF qualifications, skill sets or units of competency are required to meet certain requirements under the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
To deliver and/or assess national recognised training, after 1st July 2019 (https://www.education.gov.au/trainer-and-assessor-credential-requirements) you MUST hold one of the following approved qualifications.
- A Diploma or higher level qualification in adult education OR
- Diploma of Training Design and Development TAE50216 or TAE50211 OR
- Diploma of Vocational Education and Training TAE50116 or TAE50111 OR
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment OR
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment + two new core units in TAE40116 or equivalent units (TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills or TAELLN401A and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B)
For more information from the Department of Education and Training about trainer and assessor credentials go to:
To download a copy of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 and the Amendment 2017 go to
William Angliss Institute is offering these units of competency to meet the requirements at the special price of $550 pp for both units.
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
Distance Learning – you will have 4 months to complete both units
If you already hold one of these units, you may like to enrol in the individual unit you are required to hold by clicking on the relevant link:
To enrol in the TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills go to:
To enrol in the TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools unit go to:
For further information regarding these two units, please contact Janet Spencer 0427389161