Cost – Free – Funded by the Queensland Government if all eligibility criteria are met
INFECTION CONTROL SKILL SET [FOOD HANDLING -HLTSS00066]
COVID-19 has impacted infection control standards and requirements within a range of job roles. William Angliss Institute, in conjunction with the Commonwealth and State Governments have developed training to rapidly up-skill people within the sectors of retail and food handling. This hospitality focused Skill Set has been developed to support relevant food handlers and their employers in responding to the infection risks posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This Infection Control short course is made up of one nationally recognised unit of competency; HLTINFCOV001–Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures. It covers the following:
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention
- Control Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
What are the type and range of applicable workplaces for this Skill Set?
- Large and small businesses
- Rural, regional and metropolitan areas
- Pubs, clubs and hotels
- Restaurants, cafes, casual dining and fast food outlets
- Catering operations including in-flight catering and pre-packaged food
- Conference centres and performance venues such as theatres and arenas
- Meal delivery including commercial such as room service and home delivery and voluntary such as meals on wheels
- Education facilities, including schools, universities, VET provider campuses
- Cookery classes
- Hospitals, aged care & disability facilities including residential aged care, group homes, etc.
- Mobile food/coffee carts, soup kitchens, sporting canteens, etc.
- Bars that incorporate food service; museums and galleries; correctional centres
- Online food delivery businesses
Who is eligible for this free course?
There are strict eligibility requirements that MUST be met by those who wish to participate in this funded training program.
Eligible participants include:
- currently employed in a customer facing role; and,
- Have not previously completed the individual skill set they are enrolling in
- The cost of this skill set is covered by the Queensland Government. However, eligibility criteria applies.
For you to be eligible, you need to be:
- a Queensland resident;
- aged 15 years or over and no longer at school;
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency; and
- an existing worker in the food handling industry (proof of existing worker eligibility can be your payslip that displays the ABN and Trading name, letter from your employer, your employment contract).
You will also need to have:
- sound literacy and numeracy skills and a proficient level of English; and
- basic level of computer literacy including web searches, uploading documents, navigation of online learning platform and resources.
- Photo Identification (Queensland Drivers Licence or Passport - current and not expired)
- Proof of Queensland address
- Enrolment Form
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
- Signed Information sheet
As this course is Government funded, participants will need to apply to take part in the training. By following the link below, you will be redirected to the WAI Corporate Website, where you will need to complete the online enrolment form. Our Student Contact team will review your application and once assessed as meeting all requirements, you will be offered a place. On acceptance of the offer, you will be contacted by your trainer to complete an Employer Declaration.
All information that is supplied is used for Government reporting purposes only as the purchased Skill Set is a nationally accredited unit.
When all required paperwork is returned, participants will be contacted by their trainer and emailed a username and password to access the online Learning Management System in order to undertake the course.
Participants will have one month from the online enrolment date to complete the unit and, upon successful completion of the online course, will receive a William Angliss statement of attainment.
Please click on the below link for enrolment details: