Infection Control Skill Set [RETAIL-HLTSS00065]
COVID-19 has impacted infection control standards and requirements within a range of job roles. William Angliss Institute, with the Commonwealth and State Governments have developed training to rapidly up-skill people within the sectors of Retail and Food Handling. This hospitality focused Skill Set has been developed to support relevant retail workers and their employers in responding to the infection risks posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This Infection Control short course is made up of 1 nationally recognised unit of competency – HLTINFCOV001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures – and covers the following:
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
What are the type and range of applicable workplaces for this Skill Set?
- Large and small businesses;
- Rural, regional and metropolitan areas;
- Stand alone stores or those in shopping centres;
- Cinemas and game arcades;
- Convenience stores, including petrol stations;
- Retail areas within beauty salons, hairdressing salons, barbers and sporting facilities; including gyms;
- Indoor/outdoor markets;
- Museums and galleries; and,
- Online retail –either having a relationship with a physical store or a warehouse.
Once the online course has been purchased, participants will be emailed an Enrolment Form. This Enrolment Form and all associated information contained within it must be completed and returned in order to complete training. All information that is supplied is used for Government reporting purposes only, as the purchased Skill Set is a nationally accredited unit.
Once all required paperwork is returned, participants will be contacted by their trainer and emailed a Username and Password to access the online Learning Management System in order to undertake the course.
Participants will have 1 month from the enrolment date online to complete the unit. A statement of attainment will be provided by William Angliss Institute at the successful completion of the course.
PLEASE NOTE: The creation of user accounts to access the online course is a manual operation and therefore takes place during office hours only and not over the weekend