*********PLEASE NOTE - FROM DECEMBER 20TH - JAN 13TH 2020 WE WILL BE ON SHUTDOWN PERIOD. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS ANY ORDERS DURING THIS TIME, NOR WILL WE BE ABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OR ASSIST WITH COURSE RELATED ENQUIRIES. PLEASE NOTE - ANY ORDERS PURCHASED BEOFRE THE DEC 20TH DATE WILL NEED TO BE FINIALISED BEFORE THE SHUT DOWN PERIOD IF YOU REQUIRE AN INTERIM CERTIFICATE. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING********************************
Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training is endorsed by the Office of Liquor and Gaming NSW (L&GNSW formally the Office of Liquor Gaming and Racing OLGR).
The Responsible Service of Alcohol course is part of the NSW Government’s ongoing commitment to the implementation of responsible drinking practices. This accredited program has been developed to meet the identified needs of industry stakeholders and the community across NSW as well as addressing the required learning outcomes within liquor and licensing.
If you wish to obtain employment in the sale of liquor or you have employees involved in the sale of liquor, you are required to complete the RSA. The course involves learning about better business practices, legalities & responsibilities, facts about alcohol, monitoring the premises and improving the atmosphere.
On completion of the course, you will receive an interim certificate, allowing you to serve alcohol across NSW (except within the Kings Cross Precinct in Sydney) The interim certificate is valid for 90 days. Once expired you cannot serve alcohol on licensed premises.
With this interim certificate, you will be able to apply for a RSA competency card at a Service NSW Centre. The competency card is valid for 5 years.
As of July 1st all NSW RSA Courses will be delivered against the National Unit of Competency SITHFAB002
Assessment for this Unit of Competency includes
Assessment 1 - Questioning - Online Quiz
Assessment 2 - Questioning - Short Answer Responses
Assessment 3 - Demonstration - Role-Play / Observation OR Competency Conversation / Oral Questioning
Important Information – although this course is aligned to a nationally accredited unit, it may not be accepted in certain state/ territories. It is advisable to contact the appropriate Government department if moving interstate.
Please note: A good understanding of written and spoken English is required to undertake this course. Please note that personal information on our enrolment form captures data that is required to create your competency card. As such please be aware that this is used and shared with L&GNSW.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO RENEW YOUR COMPETENCY CARD PLEASE GO THIS LINK L&GNSW FOR MORE INFORMATION.
1. A good understanding of written and spoken English is required to undertake this course
2. Trainers & Assessors are available to provide assistance to RSA Online students by calling 02 9125 5111 Monday to Friday from 9:00am -5:00pm. General enquiries are also welcome in this time.
3.. The creation of user accounts to access the RSA online is a manual operation and therefore takes place during office hours only not over the weekend. In most cases you should allow 24-48hrs for this process to complete. If you require access sooner, please call 02 9125 5111 and request your access be created Monday - Fridays. An email will be sent once your username access has been created.
4. You have 90 days from the date of your account being created to complete your course work. After this time your account will be suspended and you will need to re-enrol into the course again. You may access your course as many times as needed during your enrolment period.
5. Please note that personal information on our enrolment form captures data that is required to create your competency card. As such please be aware that this is used and shared with L&GNSW the Office of Liquor and Gaming formally (OLGR.)
6. Please be aware that as part of our enrolment process you are required to provide CERTIFIED COPIES OF YOUR ID for us to verify your identify and comply with audit requirements.
What you get
An interim certificate that can be used to apply for a permanent competency card to work in NSW.
The knowledge and skills required to safely sell alcohol and minimise any potential harm that may arise because of this
A Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency SITHFAB002
What you learn
The course involves better business practices, legalities & responsibilities, facts about alcohol, monitoring the premises and case studies and examples for dealing with alcohol related issues.