Who We Are
Established in 1940, William Angliss Institute is the largest specialist provider of food, tourism, hospitality and events training in the Southern Hemisphere. The Victorian State Government funds and endorses William Angliss Institute as the Specialist Centre for Tourism, Hospitality and Culinary Arts industries.
The Institute operates nationally and internationally, offering industry focused training from our onshore and overseas campuses to work places and remote sites. With over 22,000 enrolments annually, Angliss delivers a range of vocational Certificates (Certificate I to IV), Diplomas & Advanced Diplomas, to Bachelor and Master Degrees.
Over the past 22 years, William Angliss Institute has also provided training services for the Tourism, Hospitality and Food sectors through its commercial arm – Angliss Consulting.
In 2018, William Angliss Institute was awarded both the Premier's Award for the International Education Provider of the Year for all sectors, and Excellence in International Education for the TAFE sector.
Where We Are
William Angliss Institute has built a solid international presence and a strong brand throughout Asia and other countries.
- Nanjing Institute of Tourism and Hospitality
- Tourism College of Zhejiang
- Zhongshan Polytechnic College
- Colombo Academy of Hospitality Management @ SLIIT
- William Angliss Institute Singapore Campus
- Dong A University Australia
- Melbourne Campus (Main campus)
- Lilydale Campus
- Sydney Campus
- Adelaide Office
- Brisbane Office
- Darwin Office
- Perth Office
What We Do
Vocational Education and Training
Onshore and overseas campuses and partner institutes, Government and Industry bodies and corporations from Hospitality, Tourism, and Foods sectors.
- Exchange and collaboration programs with education providers in Malaysia and Thailand.
International Human Resource Capacity Building Consultancies
- 79 years specialising in the Hospitality and Tourism Human Resource Development Business.
- Customised HRD Training solutions to meet the client needs and local context.
- Work with diverse client groups internationally, from large international chains to local brand hospitality and tourism operators.
- Build partnership with clients in the design, development and delivery of HR solutions.
Curriculum Development, Train the Trainer and Assessor programs
Angliss Consulting provides Tourism and Hospitality capacity building consultancy services to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), covering the 10 member states of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Initiatives include development of:
- Common ASEAN Tourism Curriculum (CATC)
- ASEAN Common Competency Standards for Tourism Professionals (ACCSTP)
- Regional Qualifications Framework and Skills Recognition System (RQFSRS)
- ASEAN Master Trainer and Assessor Program
Angliss Consulting has also undertaken projects and delivery in Angola, Bahrain, China, East Timor, Fiji, Macau, the Maldives, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka and Vanuatu.
Hotel openings, HR Training and Upskilling, Mystery Guest programs
- Pre-opening training program for Culinary, Food and Beverage, Front Office, and Housekeeping staff.
- Re-branding and Technical & Soft Skills Upgrade Training.
- Mystery Guest program to assess current staff capabilities and identify skills gaps.
Skills Assessment for Trades Recognition Australia
Skills verification of onshore and overseas work visa applicants applying to work in Australia.
Who We Work With
International Hotel Groups – IHG, Accor, Hilton, Starwood, Hyatt, Banyan Tree, Pan Pacific Hotels Group
Integrated Resorts in Singapore and Macau – Marina Bay Sands, The Venetian, Galaxy Entertainment Group, Grand Lisboa
Airlines – Qantas, Jetstar, Singapore Airlines, Scoot, Vietnam Airlines
Asset Management Companies – Sodexo, Compass, Express, Renaissance
Major Events – Melbourne and Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix, World Expo, Commonwealth and Olympic Games, Spring Racing Carnival
Commercial Companies – McDonald's, Hungry Jack's, Facebook Singapore, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, TAB, Gloria Jean's Coffee
Government Bodies National and Regional – Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities, ASEAN Secretariat and Government Tourism Ministries and Offices in the 10 ASEAN countries.