Are you an international or local student? Are you an international or local student?

1 I am a:

2 I want to study in:


Tertiary Access Payment

The Tertiary Access Payment (TAP) is a one-off payment of $5,000.

The TAP is available to relocating school leavers to assist with the cost of moving away from home to attend further, full-time study straight after finishing Year 12, such as vocational education and training (Certificate IV or above), or a course at a non-university higher education provider.

You will be eligible for the TAP if you are:

  • from an outer-regional, remote or very remote area (use the Student Regional Area Search tool to check your eligibility)
  • relocating to study at one of our campuses located at least 90 minutes by public transport from your family home (either in another regional location or a metropolitan location)
  • enrolled in a full time study load over a 12 month period
  • studying face to face – or a combination of face to face and online study
  • studying in the year straight after completing your Year 12 or equivalent (or the first available semester of their chosen course if the course has a mid-year start).

This payment will be means-tested. This means you will need to be below a combined parental income threshold of $250,000 to receive this payment.

Applications for the Tertiary Access Payment are now open. You can apply and find more information on the Services Australia website.