Industry Training - Training and Education TAE
The TAE(16) Training package contains nationally recognised skill sets and units of competency that provide you with the skills and confidence to become an effective trainer, assessor or mentor.
A skill set is a nationally recognised grouping of units of competency that are combined to meet an industry need.
They are a great option for you if you:
- do not want to study a full qualification
- want a cost-effective option by studying only what’s relevant to you
- want to mix and match skill sets to create your own outcomes.
- want to be workplace trainers or assessors
- want to upgrade your workplace skills
- want to meet your professional development requirements.
A Statement of Attainment is awarded on successful completion of the skill set or unit of competency. This Statement of Attainment will enable you to apply for a credit transfer should you wish to complete other relevant skill sets or a full qualification.
Do you meet the new requirements for trainers and assessors?
To deliver and/or assess nationally recognised training, after 1 April 2019 you MUST hold one of the following approved qualifications:
- A Diploma or higher-level qualification in adult education OR
- A Diploma of Training Design and Development TAE50216 or TAE50211 OR
- A Diploma of Vocational Education and Training TAE50116 or TAE50111 OR
- A TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment OR
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment + 2 units: TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills or TAELLN401A and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B.
If you have one of the qualifications listed from 1 to 4 then relax, you can keep working in VET. If you have the TAE40110 and need the two additional units, William Angliss Institute is offering these units of competency at the special price of $550 pp for both units.
Enrol in these two units here.
If you already have one of these units, you can enrol in each individual unit.
These units can be delivered via distance or face-to-face for groups. Talk to us for group rates.
Courses on offer
- TAESS00017 Workplace Supervisor - suitable for supervisors and managers involved in developing the skills of their team. In particular these competencies are identified as essential skills for those engaged in supervising apprentices or trainees.
- TAESS00015 Enterprise Trainer and Assessor - suitable for enterprise trainers and assessors working in an enterprise or in an enterprise that works together with an RTO in an auspicing arrangement. These people deliver and assess nationally endorsed units or qualifications.
- TAESS00013 Enterprise Trainer – Mentoring – suitable for workplace supervisors or other work colleagues with responsibility for mentoring people in the workplace.
- TAESS00014 Enterprise Trainer – Presenting - suitable for enterprise trainers who work mainly with individuals or small groups who deliver work skill instruction mainly in classroom situations.
- TAESS00011 Assessor – suitable for those that want to work as an assessor at either an RTO or organisation that assesses nationally recognised qualifications.
Individual units of competency
- TAELLN411 Address language literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL404 Mentor in the workplace
- TAEASS401 Provide work skill instruction
Modes of study
Our TAE skill sets and individual units of competency are offered via distance mode. Should your organisation require face-to-face delivery please contact us on 03 9606 2111.
William Angliss Institute has a proven track record in providing quality training, outcomes and graduates. Talk to us about which skill set would be most suited to you or your organisation’s needs.