Licensee’s First Step/New Entrant Training (LFS) –online Via Zoom (virtual class)
$180 AUDSee Dates and Bookings Contact Us
Wednesday 14 June 2023
10 AM - 4 PM
What You Learn
Best practice in managing licensed premises.
The legislative environment for liquor licensees.
Understanding your liquor licence.
What You Get
The Knowledge of liquor law and licensee obligations under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998.
Please Note: On successful completion of the LFS training Via zoom, you will be emailed a copy of your LFS Certificate on Next business day, the original certificate will be posted to your address.
Materials to Bring
- Please note a Photo Identification to be shown - you will need to show your photo identification (drivers licence, passport, Keypass, proof of age card, etc.), as per LCV requirements. Please have ID ready to hold up.
- You will be provided, and instructed, to download training resources prior to the course.
- Note pad and pen.
William Angliss Institute is approved to deliver Victoria’s Licensee's First Step/New Entrant Training (LFS) by interactive video chat or virtual classroom technology for the duration of the Victorian Declared State of Emergency for coronavirus (COVID-19). This amendment to the approved delivery method aims to ensure the health and safety of our staff and students, industry compliance and support for businesses impacted by the coronavirus. Course content and maximum class size are not affected by this amendment to delivery method.
- To enrol in Licensee’s First Step online learning, via Zoom please note you will need the following:
- The trainer needs to have visual and audio confirmation of your presence in the course; it requires two way oral and visual communication between students and the trainer.
- As per the LCV requirements, it is a pre-requisite for you to be seen and heard, so you will need a working camera and a microphone on your device; (lap top, PC, or tablet).
- Video capability enables you to be observed by the trainer, undertaking assessments (as per LCV requirements).
- The microphone capability is needed as the trainer may ask you questions, and will be seeking your verbal/ spoken responses (as per LCV requirements). Please address these microphone and a camera requirements by testing your devices prior to joining the training session. We appreciate punctuality.
- Please be ready to join a session 10 minutes earlier than the scheduled start time, to allow yourself to check your equipment and relax.
- The online LFS runs for 6 hours. You will need 6 hours stable, unlimited, continuous internet access.
- Suitable equipment for a course of this duration; a mobile phone is not recommended, as this type of training drains a lot of power on your phone.
Topic and purpose;
Most new liquor licence applicants are required to complete Licensees' First Step (New Entrant Training), a Full day course. Liquor Licence applicants who have not completed the RSA course will be required to attend the RSA course as well as the Licensees' First Step training.
The aim of Licensees' First Step is to provide an overview of Victorian liquor licensing laws and associated issues. This will enable licensees to comply with their legal obligations and contribute to minimising alcohol-related harm in the community
The course content includes:
- Purpose of Victoria's liquor laws
- Role of the regulatory authorities
- Understanding / interpreting liquor licence requirements
- Common offences
- Managing best practice
- Licensee forums and accords
You will complete the assessment quiz online through the resource platform.
Upon the successful completion of the Licensee`s First Step training class (via zoom) a hard copy version of the certificate will be posted to your postal address. You will be emailed a scanned copy of the certificate prior to the orginal being posted.