A thorough understanding of the critical role that marketing and promotions play in the development and success of tourism enterprises and destinations is central to this specialist three-year tourism degree.
While laying down the core foundational tourism theories and principles, you will develop a keen eye for identifying markets, understanding the motivations of visitors, and guiding communication and interactions between stakeholders.
Industry-specific skills in target market segmentation and analysis are backed by the practical application of software and online tools, such as real-time analytics, website design and social media monitoring and management.
You will explore beyond the screen and engage with the ideas of media and power, the dynamics of different operating environments and ownership of information and data. You will emerge with a broad skill-set including interpretation and analysis of data and the uses of both traditional and digital marketing.
The Angliss Experience
- Extensive field trips and industry guest speakers will help you actively focus on the critical role that marketing and promotions play in the development and ongoing success of tourism enterprises and destinations.
Course CodeBachelor of Tourism (Marketing) - CRS1400380
All students must undertake RES501 Foundation Academic Communication Skills in their first semester (unless otherwise agreed).
Electives can be chosen from the suite of Higher Education Subjects. Please note that not all subjects are available in all courses and study periods.
Click here for more information
Eligibility for entry can be demonstrated by ATAR score, previous study, work experience and other factors.
Click here for further information
With the relevant work experience graduate employment opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Market analyst
- Marketing communications manager
- Business development or sales executive
- Client relations or guest experience manager
- Advisory business or research consultant or strategist
- Communications and social media manager
- Product development or market manager