Wellbeing and Counselling Services
Our friendly team provide a range of specialised support services and resources to enhance individual health and wellbeing. Counselling is a safe space for students to talk about challenges in their lives and how to manage them.
The Wellbeing a Counselling Service is committed to providing a safe, culturally appropriate, and inclusive service for all students, regardless of their ethnicity, faith, disability, sexuality, or gender identity. Free and confidential to students, services available include:
- Up to six sessions of individual counselling per year
- Referral to support services who can help with improving your mental health and wellbeing
- Information and support around applying for special consideration
- Group sessions
- Information and referral to services who can help with accommodation, legal issues, and financial difficulties
Appointments can be made online via MyWAI.
Phone (03) 9606 2210
In person at C205 or C206 (Bldg C, Level 2 directly above the Student Lounge)
MyWAI see Wellbeing and Counselling
I Need Help Now
If at any time you need immediate support, please contact the following services which are open 24hours a day:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Suicide Callback Service: 1300 659 467
- Safe Steps (Family Violence Support): 1800 015 188
- Homelessness Crisis Service: 1800 627 727
If at any time you're concerned about your safety or the safety of somebody else, please call emergency services on 000.