Wellbeing and Counselling Services
Our friendly team provide a range of specialised support services and resources to enhance individual health and wellbeing. Counselling is a safe space for students to talk about challenges in their lives and how to manage them.
The Wellbeing a Counselling Service is committed to providing a safe, culturally appropriate, and inclusive service for all students, regardless of their ethnicity, faith, disability, sexuality, or gender identity. Free and confidential to students, services available include:
- Up to six to ten sessions of individual counselling per year
- Zoom consultations available
- Referral to support services who can help with improving your mental health and wellbeing
- Information and support around applying for special consideration
- Group sessions or Classroom Information sessions
- Information and referral to services who can help with accommodation, legal issues, and financial difficulties
Important Update: WACS Services moving back to online/Telehealth platforms
The health and wellbeing of our students and staff is our top priority. In line with current events, all WACS services will return to online/Telehealth delivery from Monday July 13 till further notice.
Our services remain the same and our staff members are on hand for welfare and counselling consultations between the hours of 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time. We look forward to seeing you in person in the future.
Service Times: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm
Phone: (03) 9606 2210 Mobile: 0421 809 283
In person: at C206 (Building C, Level 2)
MyWAI: see Wellbeing and Counselling to make an appointment online.
I Need Help Now
Our service is unable to provide 24 hour crisis support. If at any time you need immediate assistance, please contact the following 24-hours services:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Safe Steps (Family Violence Support): 1800 015 188
- Homelessness Crisis Service: 1800 627 727
- Mental Health Triage (Adults): 1300 874 243
- Mental Health Triage (Youth): 1800 888 320
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1800 806 292
If at any time you're concerned about your safety or the safety of somebody else, please call emergency services on 000.