William Angliss Institute is offering free, short, accredited training to help customer-facing employees identify and manage the ongoing risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) infections. The course will support businesses to reopen safely and ensure their customers and workforce is protected, as Victoria emerges from the pandemic. The course is not mandatory for businesses to reopen; however, employers are encouraged to release their staff for the training.
This free training combines online learning and workplace-based assessment and involves up to 25 contact hours.
After completing the training, customer-facing employees will be able to:
- confidently follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- identify infection hazards and assess risks
- follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards.
Who is this training for?
This training is for customer-facing employees across the retail, hospitality, and transport and logistics sectors, including:
- retail outlets
- cafes and restaurant
- pubs, clubs and hotels
- food delivery
- parcel delivery
What the training covers
Participants will learn a range of skills, including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission
The following accredited skills set courses are available at William Angliss Institute and fully transferable to each other:
- BSBSS00095 – Cross-Sector Infection Control Skill Set
- HLTSS00065 – Infection control Skill Set (Retail)
- HLTSS00066 – Infection control Skill Set (Food Handling)
How to apply
For Victorian bookings only, please select the Infection Control Skill Set below that best reflects the industry sector where you work:
For WA, SA, NT, QLD, ACT, NSW & TAS bookings, please select the Infection Control Skill Set below that best reflects the industry sector where you work:
- HLTSS00065 – Infection Control Skill Set (Retail)
- HLTSS00066 – Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling)
Other infection control training
- Working for Victoria offers a free online short non-accredited course; Introduction to infection prevention and control policies and procedures. Learn more: Working for Victoria