This three-year degree gives you a thorough grounding in all aspects of event management, from designing and selling to planning, implementing and evaluating events for the profit and not-for-profit sectors. Combining academic study with invaluable hands-on experience, you will take your learning beyond the classroom with field trips to sports stadiums, live events, event suppliers, and hotel conference and banqueting departments. You will also have the opportunity to be involved with the planning and staging of live events.
Strong industry links will afford students a number of networking opportunities with the industry's experts and the chance to take up mentorship positions with its leaders.
Unique in its delivery, the course offers students the opportunity asks students you to select to select from subject specialisations that deepen knowledge and skills, develop your professional identity and enable students you to apply your knowledge in real world contexts towards either Business Events or Festival Management. For those seeking a broader qualification to explore their career possibilities, a specialisation does not need to be selected.
As graduates, you will operate in this fast-paced industry with expertise in critical and creative thinking to solve complex problems and implement innovative solutions.
The Angliss Experience
- Combine academic study with invaluable hands-on experience beyond the classroom with field trips to sports stadiums, live events, event suppliers, and hotel conference and banqueting departments
- You will also have the opportunity to be involved with the planning and staging of live events
- You will have the opportunity to develop innovative concepts from conceptualisation through to implementation as part of live events
- You will also have the opportunity to be directly Involved with industry related projects and report reflections back to event stakeholders
- Explore your passion with a focus on business events, festivals or generalise across both fields
Course CodeBachelor of Event Management - CRS1400177
You can tailor your leaning through a specialist stream of study . Focusing on either Business Events or Festivals, by completing all 4 specialist stream subjects including the final project, you aim to become the expert in this specialist field. Specialist streams are noted on your testamur in recognition of your focused learning.
Specialist stream - Business Events
Specialist Stream - Festivals
All students must undertake RES501 Foundation Academic Communication Skills in their first semester (unless otherwise agreed).
Electives can be chosen from the suite of Higher Education Subjects. Please note that not all subjects are available in all courses and study periods.
Click here for more information
Eligibility for entry can be demonstrated by ATAR score, previous study, work experience and other factors.
Click here for further information
With the relevant work experience graduate employment opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Event Manager
- Event Officer
- Conference Manager
- Event and Sponsorship Executive
- Event Coordinator
- Festival Manage
- Venue Manager
- Conference Organiser
- Event Supervisor
- Event Project Manager.
Successful completion of Bachelor of Event Management will enable graduates to pathway to the:
- Graduate Certificate of International Hospitality Entrepreneurship
- Graduate Diploma of International Hospitality Entrepreneurship
- Master of International Hospitality Entrepreneurship
- Masters of Philosophy