This is an advanced course and students must have industry experience or have completed ABC of Espresso Making as a pre-requisite. This course covers the advanced skills and knowledge needed to prepare and serve espresso coffee, including:
- factors that effect the extraction rate of espresso
- setting and adjusting the coffee grinder
- advanced milk texturing
- advanced coffee menu and order processing
- the coffee industry, including coffee cultivation and processing, roasting and blending
- taste and analysis of a range of single origin coffees.